Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2019
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Nairnshire Committee will take place in the Chamber, The Courthouse, High Street, Nairn on Wednesday, 12 June 2019 at 10.30am.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Head of Corporate Governance
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Presentation - Nairn and Nairnshire Community Partnership
A presentation on progress of the Nairn and Nairnshire Community Partnership, including the Locality Plan and sub groups, will be given by Chief Inspector Brian MacKay and PC Rosemary Shanks.
4. Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Local Committee Performance Report for 2018-19
There is circulated Report No N/9/19 by the Local Senior Officer for Highland (Scottish Fire and Rescue Service).
The Committee is invited to scrutinise and comment on the Area Performance Report.
5. Nairn Links – Development Plan
There is circulated Report No N/10/19 dated 3 June 2019 by the Acting Head of Policy.
The Committee is invited to:-
- Consider and agree to adopt the draft Nairn Links Development Plan enclosed at Appendix A;
- Note the forming of a Project Team and Steering Group to develop a project plan for stage 1 of developing the Nairn Links;
- Agree the initial project proposal to redevelop the paddling pool site; and
- Agree that update reports on future projects be brought back to this Committee for consideration as required.
6. Nairn Shopfront Scheme
There is circulated Report No N/11/19 dated 24 May 2019 by the Director of Development and Infrastructure.
The Committee is invited to:-
- agree that a deadline be set for final applications to the Nairn Shopfront Improvement Scheme of 31 July 2019;
- consider and agree proposals to work with the Nairn Business Improvement District to utilise the remaining funds to improve the environs of Nairn High Street; and
- agree that an update report on outcome of project(s) be brought back to this Committee
7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019
There is circulated Report No N/12/19 dated 30 May 2019 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to note the information provided on housing performance for the period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
8. Minutes of Previous Meeting
There are circulated for noting Minutes of Meeting of the Nairnshire Committee held on 13 March 2019, which were approved by the Council on 9 May 2019.
- Item 4. Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Local Committee Performance Report for 2018-19 Report, 1017.51 KB
- Item 5. Nairn Links – Development Plan Report, 7.41 MB
- Item 6. Nairn Shopfront Scheme Report, 89.86 KB
- Item 7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 Report, 328.34 KB