Agendas, reports and minutes
South Planning Applications Committee
Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2021
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the South Planning Applications Committee will take place remotely on Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 9.30 am.
You are invited to attend and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Webcast Notice: This meeting will be filmed and broadcast over the Internet on the Highland Council website and will be archived and available for viewing for 12 months thereafter.
Members are reminded that during determination of any item before this Committee they must be present throughout the whole of that item in order to be entitled to participate.
Members are further reminded that mobile devices, including mobile phones, can be used for following the agenda/reports and delivering speeches but should not be used for any form of communication (text or tweet) during the meeting.
Iain Meredith, Acting Principal Solicitor – Regulatory Services
(for Head of Corporate Governance)
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
Dearbhadh a’ Gheàrr-chunntais
There are submitted for confirmation as a correct record the Minutes of Meeting of the South Planning Applications Committee held on 27 April 2021.
4. Major Development Update
There is circulated Report No PLS/039/21 (Plans pp 1 - 5) by the Area Planning Manager - South, which provides a summary of all cases within the “Major” development category currently with the Planning and Development Service for determination.
The Committee is invited to note the current position of these applications.
5. Major Developments – Pre-application consultations
Leasachaidhean Mòra – Co-chomhairle Ro-iarrtais
Description: Residential development and associated infrastructure (21/02132/PAN) (PLS/040/21)
Applicant: Springfield Properties PLC & MacDonald Hotel & Resorts
Site Address: Land 160M North of Glenericht, Stratton Lodge, Culloden, Inverness.
Description: Energy storage facility consisting of a compound containing up to 50 energy storage containers, electrical control building, transformers, switchgear and ancillary infrastructure (21/02329/PAN) (PLS/041/21)
Applicant: Whirlwind Energy Storage Limited
Site Address: Land 380m West of East Croftmore, Boat of Garten.
6. Continued Item
Cuspairean a' Leantainn
Applicant: Mr & Mrs A and V Groom (20/04751/PIP) (PLS/042/21)
Location: Smithy Croft, Station Road, Carr-Bridge (Ward 20).
Nature of Development: Provision of house plot.
7. Planning Applications to be Determined
Iarrtasan Dealbhaidh rin Dearbhadh
There are circulated Reports Nos PLS/043/21 to PLS/050/21 by the Area Planning Manager – South which are as follows:-
Applicant: Scotlog Sales Limited (21/01364/PIP) (PLS/043/21)
Location: 12 Lotland Street, Inverness, IV1 1PA. (Ward 16)
Nature of Development: Change of use to climbing gym with associated facilities.
Applicant: GF Job Ltd (20/04784/S42) (PLS/044/21)
Location: Alvie Moor Quarry, Dalraddy Estate, Alvie, Kincraig. (Ward 20)
Nature of Development: Application under Section 42 of the Act in relation to non-compliance with conditions 1 and 4 of planning permission 11/04428/FUL to extend the period of time of extraction.
Applicant: Mrs Nina Murray-Kiestra (20/04105/FUL) (PLS/045/21)
Location: Awelfryn, Viewhill, Inverness IV2 5EA. (Ward 19)
Nature of Development: Change of use of land and erection of agricultural building.
Applicant: Kingussie Community Development Company (21/00994/FUL) (PLS/046/21)
Location: Gynack Gardens, Gynack Street, Kingussie. (Ward 20)
Nature of Development: Installation of public art work.
Applicant: The Green Hut (21/01323/FUL) (PLS/047/21)
Location: Braveheart Car Park, Glen Nevis, Fort William. (Ward 21)
Nature of Development: Siting of catering trailer.
Applicant: Mr Gary Reid (20/03123/PIP) (PLS/048/21)
Location: Land 50m SE of Lismore, Belivat, Nairn. (Ward 18)
Nature of Development: Erection of house.
Applicant: The Highland Council (21/01350/FUL) (PLS/049/21)
Location: Milton Of Leys Primary School, Leys Square, Inverness, IV2 6HF. (Ward 19)
Nature of Development: Erection of nursery and associated parking and play areas.
Applicant: Mr Brian Smith (2000055PIP) (PLS/050/21)
Location: Land NW of 11 - 12 Mansefield Park, Kirkhil. (Ward 12)
Nature of Development: Formation of 4 housing plots.
- Download the Minutes Minutes, 148.35 KB
- Item 4 - Major Development Update Report, 208.59 KB
- Item 5.1 - Applicant: Springfield Properties PLC & MacDonald Hotel & Resorts(21/02132/PAN) (PLS/040/21) Report, 819.95 KB
- Item 5.2 - Applicant: Whirlwind Energy Storage Limited (21/02329/PAN) (PLS/041/21) Report, 1.21 MB
- Item 6.1 - Applicant: Mr & Mrs A and V Groom (20/04751/PIP) (PLS/042/21) Report, 1.44 MB
- Item 7.1 - Applicant: Scotlog Sales Limited (21/01364/PIP) (PLS/043/21) Report, 277.03 KB
- Item 7.2 - Applicant: GF Job Ltd (20/04784/S42) (PLS/044/21) Report, 3.6 MB
- Item 7.3 - Applicant: Mrs Nina Murray-Kiestra (20/04105/FUL) (PLS/045/21) Report, 523.52 KB
- Item 7.4 - Applicant: Kingussie Community Development Company (21/00994/FUL) (PLS/046/21) Report, 1.7 MB
- Item 7.5 - Applicant: The Green Hut (21/01323/FUL) (PLS/047/21) Report, 1.81 MB
- Item 7.6 - Applicant: Mr Gary Reid (20/03123/PIP) (PLS/048/21) Report, 7.06 MB
- Item 7.7 - Applicant: The Highland Council (21/01350/FUL) (PLS/049/21) Report, 2.16 MB
- Item 7.8 - Applicant; Mr Brian Smith (2000055PIP) (PLS/050/21) Report, 1.2 MB