Highland winter road conditions report - Thursday 16 November 2023
The information provided is a summary of reports from operational staff and is intended to give a general indication of typical conditions in each area at a point in time. It is not intended to imply that any individual route is entirely snow and ice free and drivers must be aware that conditions can change rapidly and make their own assessment of conditions for travelling.
Maps of the Council’s gritting routes by priority and policy are available online at www.highland.gov.uk/gritting.
Road condition reports for Thursday 16 November 2023 are as follows:
- 09:15 Ross & Cromarty East: Temperatures higher than forecast this morning. Higher routes checked and treated. Mist causing poor visibility.
- 08:14 Caithness: Frosty conditions throughout the area this morning with freezing temperatures. Treatment on going.
- 07:55 Sutherland: Mainly hoar frost with odd icy patches throughout the area. All primary and secondary routes currently being treated. Other routes as resource / conditions dictate.
- 06:52 Ross and Cromarty: Warmer than expected. Some routes stood down, winter action on remaining routes on going.
- 06:49 Nairn: Warmer temps than expected. Primary and Secondary routes being treated.
- 06:47 Badenoch and Strathspey: Primary and Secondary routes being treated in the north of the area. Primary routes treated in the south.
- 06:45 Inverness: Warmer than expected this morning and roads mainly dry. Treating Tomatin and B851 (Daviot to Calanour) no known issues
- 06:02 Skye and Raasay: Colder than forecast overnight but dry roads. No Winter action.