Bins for your home

How to order bins

Delivery of new grey bins

New grey non-recyclable bins are being delivered across the Highland Council, see when your new bins will be delivered.

If you believe your new bin delivery has been missed, do not use the online form to report this, instead email the waste team through:

New houses

If you are in a new house, you can get your refuse and recycling bins from us for £65.85 including delivery. If you supply your own bin, it must be no greater than 240 litres.

Order bins for a new property

Additional bins

We can give you 1 additional green refuse bin and 1 additional blue recycling bin if:

  • your household permanently has 6 or more people
  • you need additional bins because of a medical condition

Request additional bins

Missing or damaged bins

If your bin is damaged or missing we will replace it free of charge.

Report a missing or damaged bin

Food waste caddies

If your property receives food waste collections but you are missing your caddy, you can order free outdoor and indoor caddies online.

When you need more liners, tie your last liner to the handle of your caddy on collection day. We will then leave a new roll of liners with the caddy.

Order a food waste caddy

Garden waste bin

The Garden Waste Collection Service runs from 1 September to 31 August each year with a winter break in December, January and February.

You will need a permit to receive Garden Waste collections, which currently costs £47.75 for the year.

order a brown bin and your garden waste permit

New developments and communal bins

Communal bins for refuse and recycling must be provided by developers as specified and agreed within the planning application. There is a charge for communal bins requested by developers for new properties. If you need bins that are larger than 240 litres; contact us on 01349 886603.

For further information, contact us or read our household waste and recycling policy.