Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC)
Conditions of entry for trailers and vans at Household Waste Recycling Centres
Trailers and vans will only be permitted entry at the following sites after the completion of our online booking form:
- Fort William
- Bookings must be completed at least 48 hours prior to entry.
- Only one booking per vehicle per 7 day period (Sunday - Saturday) is permitted.
- Entry is only allowed on the date and at the time specified on the booking confirmation.
- Customers must bring a copy of the booking confirmation with them and present it to the site attendant prior to entry.
- The submission of false information on the booking form may result in future access to any of the Council’s HWRC being suspended.
- The Council reserves the right to undertake any further investigations to determine the origin and nature of the waste, including visiting the applicant’s property.
- Waste transported on a trailer or in a van is accepted subject to there being sufficient capacity within the containers on site to safely contain the waste and the unloading of waste into the appropriate container does not give rise to delays to other site users. In these circumstances you may be asked to return at a later date.
- Vehicles with a Maximum Gross Weight of 3.5 tonnes or greater are NOT permitted entry. You may be asked to provide evidence to confirm the Maximum Gross Weight of your vehicle.
- Waste arising from trade, business or other commercial activities is NOT permitted entry.
- All loads will be subject to inspection by site staff to ensure compliance with the conditions of entry.
- Loads containing a mixture of permitted and prohibited waste will be refused in their entirety.
- Entry may be refused if information supplied on the booking form is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Waste from construction, demolition, building and associated activities (even when carried out by the householder as a DIY task) is NOT permitted entry on a trailer or in a van.
- The following wastes will be regarded as construction and demolition waste affected by the above restrictions:
- Soil, stone, rubble, brick, concrete, tiles and similar wastes;
- Sanitary ware, baths, shower cubicles and associated fittings;
- Kitchen units, worktops and associated fittings;
- Doors, windows and associated fittings;
- Construction timber;
- Building insulation and similar materials;
- Water pipework, drainage pipe, gutters and similar materials; and
- Other similar wastes arising from household improvements.