Energy and sustainability
Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme
The Scottish Government has awarded funding to help us deliver energy efficiency programmes in the Highlands as part of the Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme (EES:ABS).
The area based programmes aim to:
- Target fuel-poor areas
- Offer insulation measures (Cavity Wall and Loft Insulation)
- Heat your property through an Air Source Heat Pump
- Offer solar PV and battery storage
Funding is available from the Scottish Government for the installation of measures.
- Scottish Government Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme (EES:ABS) grant – is based on property eligibility criteria
Air Source Heat Pump, Cavity Wall, Loft Insulation, Solar PV and Battery Storage
These measures are eligible for:
- Scottish Government EES:ABS grant
An owner's contribution may be required to cover the remainder of the cost for installation.
Keeping you safe is important and we appreciate your continued patience. Regular communication will be issued to those who are in the process of receiving energy efficiency measures delivered under the scheme.
Please note there may be a delay dealing with your enquiry. If you have a question relating to the EES:ABS programme, please contact EES-ABS@highland.gov.uk.
- Examples of completed works
- Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme
- External wall Insulation case studies
- Renewables case study
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Environmental Health Food Business Advice
- Pre-Packed Foods Labelling Advice
- Growing Our Future - A Community Food Growing Strategy for Highland
- Planning guidance
- Committee paper - item 11
- EV Infrastructure Vision
- Caol and Lochyside FPS Community Liaison
- 2021 Highland Climate Change Conference Downloads
- Strategic Tourism Infrastructure Development Plan
- Food Safety Guidance
- Strathpuffer 2023 Access Exemption Order