Bus Partnership Fund Projects
Raigmore Bus Gate
A new bus gate from Raigmore Hospital to Raigmore Housing estate has been proposed. This is to assist in the improvement of the public transport network and mitigate transport impacts of new development.
The bus gate is a direct link between Raigmore Estate and Raigmore Hospital for buses and emergency vehicles. It will remove a substantial portion of bus traffic, from the already congested entrance of Raigmore Hospital onto the B9006 and Inshes corridor.
This improvement has been an aspiration of all stakeholders for many years.
Last Update: 11 July 2023
- Construction of the Bus Gate commenced on 10 July 2023 and has a current target date for completion at the end of September 2023.
- A Public Consultation Event took place at the Raigmore Community Centre on 4 October 2022.
NHS Highland submitted a planning application for permission to construct a Bus Gate connecting Raigmore Hospital with Churchill Road, Raigmore Estate. This planning application was approved by the South Planning Applications Committee on 13 December 2022.
- Road asset management
- Harbour downloads
- Public transport contracts awarded 2017
- Road construction consent
- Stromeferry bypass weekly updates
- Uig Harbour Redevelopment
- Roads factsheets
- Stromeferry Options Working Group
- Route Options Plan
- Highland Council buses
- Lochaber Bus Partnership Fund Appraisal Report