Bus Partnership Fund Projects
City Centre Traffic Light Priority
To assist in the delivery of more reliable and punctual bus services throughout the centre of Inverness, upgrades are being carried out on twenty traffic light junctions at key locations as well as upgrades to the on-bus ticket machines aboard Stagecoach buses. These upgrades will enable these traffic lights to react to real-time information sent from the on board ticket machines on the buses. This real-time information provided will determine if the vehicle requires priority at the junction and then the Traffic Lights will react accordingly.
The original twenty sites were successfully upgraded and activated on the 28 of February 2023.
An additional six further traffic light sites have been identified by the Highland Council and further funding is currently being sought to enable the upgrades to these sites to go ahead.
Last update: 10/17/2022, 1:22:05 PM
- 17 October, 2022 - Upgrades to Traffic Light hardware and software is currently underway.
- 28 February, 2023 - Original 20 traffic light sites successfully upgraded.
- Road asset management
- Harbour downloads
- Public transport contracts awarded 2017
- Road construction consent
- Stromeferry bypass weekly updates
- Uig Harbour Redevelopment
- Roads factsheets
- Stromeferry Options Working Group
- Route Options Plan
- Highland Council buses
- Lochaber Bus Partnership Fund Appraisal Report