Help for Gypsies and Travellers
Everyone has a right to be treated fairly and have access to our services. If you have been subject to any form of hate incident report it on Hate Free Highland.
We provide 4 permanent sites for use by Gypsies and Travellers:
- Longman Park, Inverness - 11 pitches
- Laggan Park, Newtonmore, Badenoch and Strathspey - 6 pitches - (contact David Secker on 07799658358)
- Spean Park, Lochaber - 9 pitches
- Kentallen Park, Lochaber - 6 pitches (Contact John Ross on 07901516054)
Each site has individual pitches each with a utility unit, a hook up facility for electricity and hard-standing for parking caravans and motor vehicles.
You can rent a pitch on a long term basis or stay for only a few weeks. You may also be able to claim benefits to help pay for the rent of your pitch.
For information or to apply for a pitch, please speak to the on-site staff above.
We respect Gypsy and Travellers right to a travelling lifestyle. We work hard to get a good balance between this and the needs of settled communities. Learn more about how we approach this.
If you want to apply for housing, find out more and apply online.
Information and advice
The Scottish Government's website has helpful guidance for Gypsies and Travellers. It has useful contacts too.
NHS Highland's website can help you find out how to get help with any health or care issues.
- Telecommunications development
- Gaelic policies
- Communication Strategy
- Equality Impact Assessments - Public Conveniences
- Strategic Tourism Infrastructure Development Plan
- Free Period Products: Highland
- Community Regeneration Funding
- Plana Gàidhlig 2023-28 | Gaelic Language Plan 2023-28
- Geàrr-chunntas | Summary - draft Gaelic Language Plan 2023-2028
- Water Safety Policy
- Invergordon Town Hall
- Recipients of Civic Awards
- Nature Restoration application documents
- Community Asset Transfer for The Place