Agendas, reports and minutes
Highland and Western Isles Valuation Joint Board
Date: Friday, 22 September 2017
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Highland and Western Isles Valuation Joint Board will be held in Committee Room 2, Council Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, on Friday, 22 September, 2017 at 10.30 a.m.
Your attendance at the meeting is invited and I append a note of the business to be transacted.
Clerk to the Board
1. Apologies/ Leisgeulan
2. Declarations of Interest/ Foillseachaidhean Com-pàirt
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Minutes of Meeting of 27 June 2017/ Geàrr-chunntas Coinneamh 27 Ògmhios 2017
There are circulated, for approval, Minutes of Meeting of 27 June, 2017.
4. Matters Arising from the Minutes/ Gnothaichean Ag Èirigh bhon Gheàrr-chunntas
5. Membership/ Ballrachd
Members are asked to note the following change in Highland Council appointments to the Board:
• Miss J Campbell has been appointed as a Substitute Member, replacing Mr B Lobban
• Mr A Graham has been appointed as a Substantive Member, replacing Mrs C Caddick
• Mrs C Caddick has been appointed as a Substitute Member, replacing Mr A Graham
• Ms K Currie has been appointed as a Substantive Member, replacing Mr K Gowans
• Mr B Boyd has been appointed as a Substitute Member, replacing Ms K Currie
6. Internal Audit Report – Valuation Roll and Council Tax List/ Aithisg In-Sgrùdaidh – Clàr Luachaidh agus Liosta na Cìse Comhairle
There is circulated Report No. VAL/13/17 by the Corporate Audit Manager.
The Board is invited to consider the content of the attached report and the audit opinion provided, and to raise any relevant points with the Corporate Audit Manager.
7. Report to Those Charged with Governance on the 2016/17 Audit/ Aithisg Dhaibhsan air a bheil Uallach airson Riaghladh air Sgrùdadh 2016/17
There is circulated Report No VAL/14/17 by the External Auditor, Grant Thornton.
8. Audited Accounts 2016/17/ Cunntasan Sgrùdaichte 2016/17
There is circulated Report No. VAL/15/17 which comprises the Audited Statement of Accounts for the financial year 2016/17.
There is circulated the annual audit letter of representation 2016/17 by the External Auditor, Grant Thornton.
The Treasurer will respond to any matters arising from the Accounts.
The Board is invited to:
i approve the Audited Accounts for signature; and
ii agree that the letter of representation be signed on behalf of the Board.
9. Revenue Budget Monitoring Statement 2016/17 / Aithris Sgrùdaidh Buidseit Teachd-a-Steach 2016/17
There is circulated Report No VAL/16/17 by the Assessor and Electoral Registration Officer.
The Board is invited to comment and otherwise note the contents of the report.
10. Departmental Report/ Aithisg Roinneil
There is circulated Report No VAL/17/17 by the Assessor and Electoral Registration Officer.
The Board is invited to comment and otherwise note the recent activities of the Department as set out in the report.
11. Financial Regulations/ Riaghailtean Ionmhasail
There is circulated Report No. VAL/18/17 by the Assessor and Electoral Registration
The Board is invited to approve the updated Financial Regulations.
- Item 3 - Minutes of Meeting of 27 June 2017 Report, 34.86 KB
- Item 6 - Internal Audit Report - Valuation Roll and Council Tax List Report, 65.08 KB
- Item 7 - Report to Those Charged with Governance on the 2016/17 Audit Report, 2.14 MB
- Item 8 - Audited Accounts 2016/17 Report, 1.09 MB
- Item 8i - Annual Audit Letter of Representation 2016/17 Report, 77.19 KB
- Item 9 - Revenue Budget Monitoring Statement 2016/17 Report, 34.79 KB
- Item 10 - Departmental Report Report, 27.24 KB
- Item 11 - Financial Regulations Report, 432.92 KB