Energy and sustainability
Energy Efficient Highland
We want to improve the quality and condition of properties in the Highlands by providing free and impartial support for domestic buildings.
Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme (EES:ABS) is a Scottish Government programme which provides support to improve the energy efficiency of your property.
Energy efficiency measures available through EES:ABS are:
- Free Cavity Wall Insulation
- Free Loft Insulation
- Significant funding towards External Wall Insulation
- Significant funding towards an Air Source Heat Pump installation
- Significant funding towards Solar PV and battery storage
Air Source Heat Pump video
Contact us and further information
To register interest, call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282.
You can also register interest by filling in our contact form.
Partnership with SSE Renewables
Our work is in partnership with Home Energy Scotland, who offer free and impartial advice to householders who are interested in improving the energy efficiency of their home.
Highland Council and SSE Renewables have joined forces to help Highland households facing extreme fuel poverty make energy saving adaptations to their homes.
The Cost-of-Living Crisis is having a devastating impact on households across Highland. Highland Council has been delivering the Scottish Government’s Energy Efficient Scotland – Area Based Scheme for over ten years, which offers households the opportunity to benefit from grant funded innovative, energy efficiency measures, which have the potential to improve people’s living conditions.
The scheme has now received vital grant support from SSE Renewables Highland Sustainable Development Fund (£1 million), which will provide additional funds to reduce or remove entirely householder contributions for those in extreme fuel poverty.
- Pending Works Schedules
- ECO Flex Documents
- Examples of completed works
- Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme
- External wall Insulation case studies
- Renewables case study
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Environmental Health Food Business Advice
- Pre-Packed Foods Labelling Advice
- Growing Our Future - A Community Food Growing Strategy for Highland
- Planning guidance
- Committee paper - item 11
- EV Infrastructure Vision
- Caol and Lochyside FPS Community Liaison
- 2021 Highland Climate Change Conference Downloads
- Strategic Tourism Infrastructure Development Plan
- Food Safety Guidance
- Strathpuffer 2023 Access Exemption Order
- Scotways Newsletter Summer 2023
- Highland Nature Biodiversity Action Plan 2021 to 2026