We offer a skip hire service in Sutherland and Skye and Lochalsh, for businesses or individuals.
Delivery or uplift £178.62
Daily hire £16.60 per day
Charges for waste disposal and landfill tax. Depending on the nature of the waste, these charges vary
Current charges, based on a standard 12.2m3+ (16 cubic yards+) skip
- Inert - disposal charge £816.15, landfill tax £25.17 per tonne
- Commercial - disposal charge £321.51, landfill tax £323.86 per tonne
- Household - No disposal charge, landfill tax £323.86 per tonne
- Construction - Disposal charge £395.71, landfill tax £398.60 per tonne
- Paper or plastics - Disposal charge £247.32, landfill tax £249.12 per tonne
In Sutherland, charges are based on standardised weights agreed with HMRC as there are no weighbridges. In Skye and Lochalsh, the charge is based on the actual weight of the skip.
What is classed as household waste
- ‘Black bag’ waste produced by a householder
- Household contents such as furniture and domestic appliances
Household waste does not include construction and demolition waste such as rubble, plasterboard, bathroom suites, kitchen units, doors etc. even if removed from a home. It also does not include fridges/freezers and tyres.
Terms and conditions
- You will be asked at the time of booking to confirm what type of waste you will be disposing of, so that you are charged the correct rate
- You are responsible for the skip while it is hired to you, and for any waste deposited into it
- If the skip is found to contain waste that doesn’t comply with the description given, you may be responsible for extra charges (e.g. a skip hired at household rates found to contain construction/demolition waste will be liable to additional charges)
- Hazardous and liquid wastes (such as asbestos, oil, car batteries, fluorescent bulbs, pesticides and chemical) are not accepted in hired skips. Please contact us for further advice on hazardous waste disposal.
Hiring a community skip
We can provide skips to communities for organised beach clean-ups. Contact us for more information.
If you would like an unmanned skip for any other community use, some local private hire skip companies may offer this service
Contact us to discuss what you need.