Domestic abuse

Housing options

Please contact our Homelessness Team to arrange an interview to discuss your housing options.

Temporary accommodation

If you feel it's no longer safe for you or your children to remain in your home, we can provide you with temporary accommodationThis can give you a chance to make long term safe accommodation arrangements.

Waiting times for settled housing can be long, but with a homeless assessment you have a right to remain in temporary accommodation until we find you a permanent home.

Your rights if you choose to return to your own home

Research shows that on average it can take a person seven years to leave their abuser. Your rights to temporary accommodation are the same regardless of how many times you leave and return to an abusive partner. Find out more informaiton on your housing rights.

We may be able to provide Safe at Home measures to help you remain in your property and feel safe. There may be legal options available to you to help keep your abuser away from your home. This can be explored with a solicitor with the help of Woman’s Aid.

Other housing options

You may not want to move into temporary accommodation or there may not be anywhere suitable in the area you live or want to be. We can help you to find accommodation in the private rented sector.