City region deal project information
The Centre for health Innovation
This project will establish a centre of excellence in innovation and commercialisation in health and life sciences, based on the campus it will work closely with The National Health Service to support emerging highland businesses and attract new businesses. It will deliver:
- A state of the art research, development and commercialisation centre (including product development small manufacturing capability)
- A space for clinical research directly linked to applied health, and life science
- A professional commercialisation resource
- Product development technical support
- Development pipeline for the new products and services, spin-outs and technology
The initial concept design and strategic briefing document for the new facility is being worked up, in partnership with NHS Highland, and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, exploring a range of options for this three way collaboration.
Extensive discussions are also underway to develop in detail the operational and collaborative models for research, clinical activities and commercialisation within the facility.
Deal Funding £9m UK Government
Project Lead Jeff Howarth,University of the Highlands and Islands