New housing developments
The following information may be relevant for the delivery of new housing development.
Proposals for housing development will need to consider the Local Development Plans for the area where the development is proposed.
Proposals may also be required to either provide new infrastructure or make financial contributions towards such facilites such as local schools, the environment or local services. Further detail on this is set out in our Developer Contributions Supplementary Guidance.
Please also read our guides below:
- Developments in conservation areas
- Environmental management guidance note
- Flooding - areas at risk
- Health and safety guidance
- Housing in the countryside
- Managing waste in new developments
- Open spaces affected by your development
- Protected species affected by your development
- Public road access to single houses and small housing developments
- Sustainable design
- Trees and woodland affected by your development
Planning applications for new housing developments may also an application for Road Construction Consent.