Local Government by-elections
Ward 21 - Statement of Result
A Local Government by-election was held on Thursday 2 December 2021 to fill a vacancy that had arisen in Ward 21 for Councillor, Ian Ramon, one of 4 Councillors representing the Fort William and Ardnamurchan Ward.
An electronic count was held the following day on Friday 3 December 2021, and the results are now available below:
The candidates for Ward 21 - Fort William and Ardnamurchan were:
- Mark DRAYTON
- Sarah FANET - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Roger LILEY - Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Joanne MATHESON - Independent
- Andy MCKENNA - Independent
- Ruraidh STEWART - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Kate WILLIS - Scottish Green Party
Voting was by the single transferable vote and Sarah Fanet has emerged as the winner at stage 6 of the count. The turnout was 25.6 per cent, there were 2,307 valid papers and 20 rejected papers.