Decriminalised parking enforcement
The Highland Councils Parking Policy covers Enforcement, Charging & Fees, Permits, Blue Badges and other parking guidance.
Introduction of charging at Car Parks
The process for engaging with communities when introducing new parking charges in off-street car parks is summarised as follows:
- Gathering of relevant data and usage where available
- Engagement with local Elected Members and communities about key considerations and background facts.
- Carrying out equality and socio-economic impact assessments where required
- Reporting back to Local Committees
- Publishing relevant Traffic Regulation Orders
Greater detail on this can be found at: