Living in temporary accommodation


Normally you have to pay rent and you are responsible for paying your Council Tax, electricity and gas. If you are unemployed or on a low income you may be entitled to Housing Benefit to cover the cost of your temporary housing. Please also see our policy on rent collection and arrears management in temporary homeless accommodation.

Rent collection and arrears management policy


We can help you store your furniture if you have any. There is likely to be a charge for this. If you need help with getting furniture and other household items, we can help with that.


We have no specific legal duties towards pets. We may allow pets into some types of temporary accommodation but don’t allow pets into hostel type or bed and breakfast accommodation. If you are homeless and you are unable to take your pets into your temporary accommodation, you should try to get friends or family to look after them for you.



How is this webpage?