Sharing temporary tenancies
We are now offering shared temporary tenancies to homeless households. This is to provide more lower-cost higher quality temporary accommodation.
This is aimed at homeless applicants in Inverness who are willing to share a 2 bedroomed temporary flat or house. They should be able to manage their shared tenancies without problems.
Benefits of sharing:
- You can get a good standard of temporary housing at a more affordable price - rent and bills are halved with a housemate
- Instead of sharing accommodation with several others, sharing would only be with 1 person
- We will help you find people to share with
- We will also help and support sharers to settle in
- Sharers will be able to lock their room to give them peace of mind
- It doesn’t affect homeless rights – these will stay the same
Many more households are choosing to share - and finding that it works for them
What to do if you are interested and you received a letter:
- Hand in your form to Inverness Service Point
- Phone on 01349 886606
- Email: Housing.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell a Housing or Service Point Officer