Sharing temporary tenancies
We offer shared temporary tenancies to homeless households. This provides much lower-cost higher quality temporary accommodation.
This is aimed at homeless applicants in Inverness, Ross-Shire, Nairn and Fort William who are willing to share a 2-bedroom temporary flat or house. They should be able to manage their shared tenancies without problems.
Benefits of sharing:
- You can get a good standard of temporary housing at a more affordable price - rent and bills are halved with a housemate
- Instead of sharing accommodation with several others, sharing would only be with one person
- We will help you find people to share with
- We will also help and support sharers to settle in
- Sharers will be able to lock their room to give them peace of mind
- It doesn’t affect homeless rights – these will stay the same
Many more households are choosing to share - and finding that it works for them
What to do if you are interested
- Visit your local Service Point to speak with a Housing Officer
- Phone your Housing Officer or contact 01349 886602
- Email your Housing Officer or Homeless.email@example.com