Your council tenancy

Taking in a lodger

If you have a spare room and want to take in a lodger, you should contact us.

We will want to know details of who you intend to take in as a lodger, and the rent to be charged. You must get our written permission before you can go ahead.

As the tenant you will still be responsible for maintaining the property in good condition and for paying the rent.

Permission to take in a lodger will not usually be withheld unless there is good reason to do so.

Request permission to take in a lodger