School Estate Management
Tain 3-18 Campus
Following the conclusion of a statutory consultation process in 2019, it was agreed that Tain Royal Academy, Craighill and Knockbreck Primary Schools and St Duthus School would be relocated to a single campus on a site at Craighill in Tain.
The project was subsequently included in Phase 1 of the Scottish Government’s new Learning Estate Investment Programme (LEIP) announced in September 2019, and funding for the project is included in the Council’s re-profiled capital programme that was approved in January 2021.
Kier Construction have been appointed as the design and build contractor working in conjunction with the Council’s in-house Property teams to deliver the project. The building has been designed to meet the Passivhaus Standard which involves very high levels of insulation, an airtight building fabric, and a mechanical ventilation system with highly efficient heat recovery. Passivhaus adopts a whole-life building approach with clear, measured targets, and a focus on high-quality construction. This approach will achieve some of the key outcomes required of all projects included in the LEIP programme, including significantly reduced energy usage and carbon emissions.
Work commenced on site in September and is programmed for completion by December 2024, with the phased migration of pupils into the new building starting in early 2025.
- School Meals
- School enrolment files and guidance
- Gaelic medium education
- School term dates
- Back to school
- Home education
- Broadford Primary School Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Nairn Academy Stakeholder Group Meetings
- School Standards and Quality reports - Primary 2021-2022
- School handbooks - Primary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Secondary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - 3-18 campus 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Special schools 2023-2024
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Secondary Schools
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - 3-18 Campuses
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Special Schools