School Estate Management
A replacement school building for Nairn Academy was included in Phase 2 of the Scottish Government's Learning Estate Investment Programme announced in December 2020, and funding for the project is included in the reprofiled capital programme approved by Council in January 2021.
The scope of the project is for a complete school building replacement with the changing pavilion, synthetic pitch and grass rugby pitch retained.
Balfour Beatty have been appointed as the design and build contractor working in conjunction with the Council's in-house Property teams to deliver the project. The new building is programmed to be operational from August 2026 with the demolition of the existing building and external works to follow.
A Stakeholder Group has been established and the initial meeting took place in June 2021. Minutes of all Stakeholder Group meetings and other relevant information will be uploaded to the links below.
Latest Update - Final Pre-Planning Application Event
A drop in public consultation event was held at Nairn Academy on 6 September 2023. The event was open to all members of the community.
Event information boards and a feedback form to comment on the proposals is available at the link below.
- School Meals
- School enrolment files and guidance
- Gaelic medium education
- School term dates
- Back to school
- Home education
- Broadford Primary School Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Nairn Academy Stakeholder Group Meetings
- School Standards and Quality reports - Primary 2021-2022
- School handbooks - Primary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Secondary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - 3-18 campus 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Special schools 2023-2024
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Secondary Schools
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - 3-18 Campuses
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Special Schools